ADHD Awareness Certification
This comprehensive course, covering ADHD will equip the learner with all of the knowledge and skills that they need, in order to recognise the signs of and care for individuals affected by this condition. If you employ staff members who have responsibility for working with people with ADHD, this course is the perfect theoretical companion to their practical, hands-on work.
What’s Covered in the Course?
The course content is structured in modules, allowing learners to benefit from a wealth of information regarding ADHD. The key areas that are covered are as follows:
- An overview and history of the condition, including common myths and misconceptions and inspiring success stories of people who are living with ADHD;
- Information regarding how ADHD is diagnosed in people of different ages and, once a diagnosis is made, the different types of treatment that are available, depending on the individual’s circumstances;
- Techniques for coping with the effects of ADHD on a daily basis;
- The causes of ADHD, including hereditary and environmental factors;
- Some of the most common symptoms of ADHD – how it can affect children, adolescents, teenagers and adults in different ways – and strategies to effectively manage the condition using a person-centred approach;
- An interesting study of behavioural patterns displayed by those who have the condition and how carers can effectively support them;
- Current research, new breakthroughs and critical thinking around ADHD and what the future may hold for those affected by it.
What are the Benefits of the Course?
Here are just some of the advantages that learners can enjoy:These include:
- A broader and more comprehensive understanding of ADHD, enabling the learner to have greater career prospects in this area;
- No time limits on completing the course, so that students can study and work at the same time;
- Upon completion of the course, learners will receive a certified, industry-recognised diploma;
- Ongoing online support whilst studying the course;
- The flexible, modular structure of the course means that learners can study at their own pace, at work or at home and using a variety of devices.