Autism Awareness Certification
This detailed course is ideal for any employees in your organisation who have responsibility for caring for those with autism and are looking to expand their knowledge in the area or take the next step in their career. Equally, it is useful for individuals who are affected by the condition.Organised into 11 concise, yet informative, modules, the course is perfectly structured, in order to give learners maximum flexibility to study at their own pace. Upon completion of the Autism Awareness course, students will have the tools that they need, in order to support individuals affected by autism and their families in the most effective way.
What’s Covered in the Course?
Students can benefit from acquiring skills in the following areas:
- A clear understanding of what autism is, the various other conditions that could be linked to autism and the main causes of the condition;
- An overview of the ways in which health professionals diagnose autism and some of the main treatments and interventions that are used, in order to manage the condition;
- Plenty of detail relating to the behavioural indicators that are present in an autistic person, including how they communicate, and how to care for and understand somebody with autism in the most effective way, using a caring, person-centred approach;
- A summary of the many myths surrounding the condition and the best ways in which to improve awareness of autism in the community;
- Tips on how to provide a safe, caring and positive environment for those with autism, with a key focus on providing structure and organisation, to foster a sense of security.
What are the Benefits of the Course?
This is a valuable course for those who have a particular professional interest in autism. Here are some of the benefits for students:
- A comprehensive knowledge of autism and some of the complexities and difficulties associated with the condition;
- No time limits on completing the course, meaning that learners can undertake it at their own pace, often alongside their existing job;
- Accreditation with an industry-recognised certification, ideal for those who want to progress their career in the field;
- Well-structured, easy-to-follow online modules.