Depression Awareness Certification
Depression is something that countless people suffer from at some point in their lives. Whether it be chronic treatment-resistant depression or situational depression, for those who suffer, the affliction is very real. For this reason, many organisations are looking for those with an expertise in this field, be it for counselling or human resources purposes. By taking this easy-to-follow 13 module course, your team members will familiarise themselves with this poorly understood and often stigmatised issue.This course is offered entirely online, allowing your employees to study at any time and from anywhere. Access to course materials is possible via any device with an active internet connection. As the employee finishes individual modules, their knowledge will be tested, helping them to cement the ideas and commit the concepts to memory. This course is perfect for all of your team to acquaint themselves with a condition that is so very common within the workplace, yet still so often completely misunderstood.
What’s Covered in the Course?
Through this course, your team will learn about:
- The symptoms of depression and how you can recognise them;
- The different treatment options available to those suffering from depression;
- Possible causes of depression and how learning the precise cause is often difficult, if not impossible;
- Common misconceptions about depression and the use of antidepressants;
- The different types of depression and recognising the symptoms that are associated with each;
- Identifying stimuli in an individual’s life that can potentially be a trigger for depression;
- How recovery from depression is possible, just to be aware of potential relapses into depressive states;
- The resources available for overcoming depression and how to find them.
What are the Benefits of the Course?
This is one subject whereby all of your team will benefit from increased awareness and knowledge. By taking the course, some of the myriad of benefits to be expected include:
- Gaining the ability to recognise depression and the necessary steps to treat it;
- Helping other members of staff who are suffering from depression;
- The ability to study at the time and from the place that best suits them;
- Study materials are available on all major devices and are accessible 24/7;
- Online support is available to all of your enrolled employees;
- All employees who successfully complete the course will be given an industry-recognised certificate.