Level 1 Microsoft Excel Certification
Microsoft (MS) Excel is one of the most widely used data capture and analysis tools in the world. Whether the team member is new to the use of Excel spreadsheets or already has some knowledge of the software and is looking to improve upon their skills, this series of courses – Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 Excel – can assist.
What’s Covered in the Course?
This Level 1 starter course is recommended for anyone in the business that may use Excel for uncomplicated data capture and analysis, such as tracking simple expenditure or for calculating sums or totals. The course is ideal for anyone who:
- Has never used Excel before;
- Has only a basic understanding of the software;
- Wishes to update their skills to the latest version of the software.
It is also the ideal starting point for those who wish to go on to use Excel for more advanced applications, such as functions and formulae.The course covers all the basics, such as calculations of sums, averages and totals. The team member will learn some of the basic functions, such as IF, COUNTIF, SUMIF and AVERAGEIF, as well as the use of pivot tables, creating graphs and charts and using hyperlinks. The second half of the Level 1 course covers ‘sheets’ – the Excel equivalent of a page. The team member will learn how to rename, delete, hide and unhide a sheet and how to move and copy a sheet. They will also learn how to change the colour of the tabs.
What are the Benefits of the Course?
- Skilled Excel users are able to transform raw data to the benefit of the organisation;
- The explicit training videos allow employees to learn at their own pace, as there is no time limit or deadline by which to complete the courses.
- Learners can access these courses from any mobile device – tablets, computers, and mobiles – with access to the internet;
- As each lesson is only a few minutes long, it is convenient to stop and start again, whenever the learner wishes to do so – this encourages employees to study when they have the time, even if it is during a lunch break;
- Lifetime access to the course materials means that the learner will always be able to refresh their knowledge and skills, even years later.