Its likely that most of us will experience conflict in the workplace at one time or another, either directly or as an observer. This course helps workers identify what conflict is and why it important to acknowledge and deal with it in a professional manner. Using professional actors the delegates will experience ways of identifying and dealing with conflict
We focus on techniques to identify the best way to deal with the source of the conflict to achieve the best outcome for both parties and leaving the experience on a positive.
Who should attend:
Anyone who comes into contact with members of the public. Teams that experience conflict from other parts of the organization. Anyone that would like help with how they personally respond to conflict.
UK and Europe
Min 3, Max 12
Module 1 - What is conflict?
- What is conflict?
- Who experiences conflict?
- How confident are you at dealing with conflict?
Module 2 – Reactions to conflict
- Discover the different ways people react, fight or flight
- The importance of recognising and dealing with conflict
Module 3 - Understanding Human Behaviours
- Emotional States – Identifying the emotional state of the antagonist and learn the most appropriate and effective way of responding
- Matching Energy – Empathizing with the other person’s sense of urgency
- Telephone Skills – Practise correct telephone manner and language
- Lightning Round – High pressure exercise to test the delegates reactions to conflict
Final assessment with follow-up plan
We can also help with…
Leadership & Management Training
We’re an accredited training provider for the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) range of courses. We are the only company in the UK to provide a specific Safety Leadership Training course pending accreditation by the CMI.
HSE Documents & Engagement Programmes
This is where it all started for us. For over 20 years we’ve been turning tedious HSE manuals into clear, engaging communications. We can script and check against latest compliance if you’re too busy. Our approach is very different and our initial investment in getting it right for you is refreshingly simple, but incredibly effective.
Behavioural Safety & Safety Leadership
‘Face to Face’ fully immersive integration is at the very heart of our training. Our Award-Winning Training Programmes are proven to change safety behaviours in high-risk industries from oil & petro to waste management, rail and shipping.