Using recognised and proven theories and models the managers coach and advise actors through difficult scenarios. The session begins with a forum theatre style activity where they can observe, coach and advise the characters to favourable outcomes, as a group. Managers learn recognised and renowned theory and models required in order to effectively communicate. The delegates will practice handling difficult, real life scenarios and dealing with behaviours we know to be relevant and challenging.
Following this course you will:
- Be able to recognise best communication approaches at all levels and in all situations
- Adopt specific communication skills that will boost your performance as well as that of your company
- Have the opportunity to practice (not role play!) different facets of effective communication
- To address communication challenges at your organisation
Who should attend:
Those who feel their personal communication style, and that of their organisation, can be improved.
Personnel at all levels of an organisation will benefit from this course and the practices they will takeaway.
UK and Europe
Min 3, Max 12
Module 1 - Effective communication and you
What issues do you currently face with communicating with others?
Module 2 - Open or closed questions
What they are and when to use them.
Module 3 - Active Listening
What does this look like, sound like, feel like? Why actively listen?
Module 4 - The Theory
Through proven models such as Transactional Analysis and the Accountability Ladder we explore how to identify and adapt your communication approach.
Module 5 - The Process
- In forum theater style the managers coach and advise personnel through different scenarios.
- Focused, individual practice sessions to cover difficult, real-life scenarios often found in the business, such as absence management, performance management, team members who are part of more than one team.
Module 6 - Self reflection
Using the new tools and skills learned on the course, each delegate is given chance to reflect on their approach and commit to communicate in a more effective manner.
Final assessment with follow-up plan
We can also help with…
Leadership & Management Training
We’re an accredited training provider for the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) range of courses. We are the only company in the UK to provide a specific Safety Leadership Training course pending accreditation by the CMI.
HSE Documents & Engagement Programmes
This is where it all started for us. For over 20 years we’ve been turning tedious HSE manuals into clear, engaging communications. We can script and check against latest compliance if you’re too busy. Our approach is very different and our initial investment in getting it right for you is refreshingly simple, but incredibly effective.
Onsite Safety Training
‘Face to Face’ fully immersive integration is at the very heart of our training. Our Award-Winning Training Programmes are proven to change safety behaviours in high-risk industries from oil & petro to waste management, rail and shipping.