Problem Solving and Decision Making Skills
Decision-making is especially important for management and leadership and problem-solving often involves decision-making. Using Root Cause Analysis (RCA), brainstorming techniques and SWOT analysis, with other recognised models, this course explores and develops the skills required in identifying and solving problems. You will learn how to apply recognised and proven tools and techniques to investigate root causes of problems or failures and processes for implementing solutions.
Following this course you will:
- Be able to make considered decisions based on the merit and complexity of each problem
- Take away skills and tools that you can apply to problems of all sizes
Who should attend:
Ideal for professionals working in any type of role and across all industries and all levels from senior leaders to operatives.
UK and Europe
Min 3, Max 12
What processes are currently in place for problem solving and decision making?
Module 1 - The need
- Why should we approach problem solving in a measured and considered manner?
- What can affect our decision making and why should we be aware?
Module 2 - How to approach the problem solving
- Using a proven model we explore the process of determining the issue and deciding the desired outcome
Module 3 - The solution
- How to manage brainstorming sessions to glean the best ideas from your team. Test the shortlisted solutions and prepare a business case for stakeholders to ensure maximum buy-in
Module 4 - The implementation
Managing the implementation of the solution, monitoring the results and modifying where necessary
Module 5 - Preventative measures
- Update processes and procedures and management systems to avoid the problem reoccurring in future
Final assessment with follow-up plan
We can also help with…
Leadership & Management Training
We’re an accredited training provider for the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) range of courses. We are the only company in the UK to provide a specific Safety Leadership Training course pending accreditation by the CMI.
HSE Documents & Engagement Programmes
This is where it all started for us. For over 20 years we’ve been turning tedious HSE manuals into clear, engaging communications. We can script and check against latest compliance if you’re too busy. Our approach is very different and our initial investment in getting it right for you is refreshingly simple, but incredibly effective.
Onsite Safety Training
‘Face to Face’ fully immersive integration is at the very heart of our training. Our Award-Winning Training Programmes are proven to change safety behaviours in high-risk industries from oil & petro to waste management, rail and shipping.